- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (or tsp dried)
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese. Serve with Quinoa à la Orange Salad.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 260, Total Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Sodium: 320 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 40 g, Iron 3 mg
By Lara McGlashan