I want to EAT pumpkin, I don’t want to LOOK like one! And let’s be honest, a “skinny” pumpkin latte just isn’t the same.
ENTER: the PROTEIN pumpkin latte. Yes, it’s a real thing. Yes, it’s just as good as it sounds. And YES, it has 11 grams of protein in it. Eleven grams of protein IN A LATTE! (Cue: triumphant trumpet blast!)
Here’s the real genius behind this protein-packed beauty of a bevvy: It’s made with the new Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar. (If you haven’t tried it yet, this bar’s AMAZING. It’s like Ryan Gosling in a wrapper!) To make the latte, you basically mix up the bar with a little almond milk, an extra dash of spice and some sweetener, microwave it up and voilà: pumpkin protein perfection in a mug!
his latte’s caffeine-free, so it’s perfect for anytime indulgence (we like it after dinner to get some protein before bedtime), but you could add a teaspoon of instant espresso if you need a pick-me-up with your pumpkin.
Go ahead, make those other latte lovers jealous.
Pumpkin Spice LatteYields: 2 servings | Serving Size: ½ recipe
Prep Time: 3 minutes | Cook Time: 2 minutes | Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free syrup
- ½ tablespoon zero-calorie sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- *1 shot of instant espresso (optional)
- In a small bowl, microwave unwrapped Quest Bar, almond milk and syrup for one minute and 30 seconds. Whisk.
- In a blender, add bar mixture, sweetener and pumpkin-pie spice, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour into two mugs.
- Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds, and serve.
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 9 g
Net Carbs: 3 g (0 sugar grams)
Erythritol: 5 g
Fiber: 7 g
Total Carbs: 15 g
- See more at: http://www.oxygenmag.com/article/stop-youre-protein-pumpkin-latte-11273#sthash.Zx59beYi.dpuf