- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated orange rind
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa. Return to a boil and simmer until water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Add tomatoes, celery and parsley to the bowl. Mix together with quinoa.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make dressing. Pour over salad and toss well to combine.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 200, Total Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 161 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 1 mg
By Lara McGlashan