Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole-grain flour
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 oz dark chocolate-covered espresso beans (70% or higher cocoa content)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9"x9" baking dish. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden around the edges. Let cool and slice into eight bars. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Nutrients per serving (59 g):Calories: 240, Total Fats: 13 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 110 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 26 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 8 g, Iron: 2 mg
by Devon Timberlake